Nader/U.S. Election

Martin Zehr m_zehr at SPAMhotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 16:42:37 MST 2000

   Thanks for the words of encouragement. One thing I am familiar with is
the back stabbing sympton that you referred to. I have seen that in all
brand names of politics. Another thing that I've notice is the high degree
of eclecticism that is rampant among Greens. The other thing is the
subservience to spontaneity, decentralization and lack of theoretical
struggle. All these qualities work against the Green Party, but in spite of
them, they have managed to show a degree of respectability.
   I really believe that theoretical discussions should be rooted in the
practice of the mass struggles so that everyone can learn and the knowledge
process can be deepened and re-invigorated with every struggle. Those with
fragile egos really should not concern themselves with presuming to be
leadership. I'm certain that you could at least add some depth to the
knowledge of the practice, theory and struggle of the Green movement based
on your own experiences and I encourage you to do so. We all need to learn
from each other.