Arabs and Israelis take up battle in cyberspace

Juan Fajardo fajardos at SPAMix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 10 11:22:34 MST 2000

> Walid added that the attacks may get fiercer, with an email war between
> Israel and Arabs seeing an exchange of viruses designed to crash
> systems.
>
> More websites are being built to attack Israeli sites. One is [
> http://www.ummah.net/unity/defend]. Its front page has Hezbollah's logo
> with the word "UNITY." Similar to an earlier website,
> [http://www.members.tripod.com/irsa] 2000, it instructs users to target
> Israeli websites by pressing on a button that initiates hits on these
> sites every second in an attempt to overload and eventually cripple
> them.
>
> An email circulated about the website urges users to log on and help
> defend Hezbollah. Hackers have since broken into a Hezbollah website
> which was downed last week, http://www.hizballa.org, and replaced its
> home page with an image of an Israeli flag and an instrumental recording
> of "Hatikva," the Israeli national anthem.

[Ranwa Yehia, "Arabs and Israelis take up battle in cyberspace"]

The cyberwar has been brough to these sites as well, showing that the
zionista rem is indeed quite long.

Accessing the URL http://www.members.tripod.com/irsa reveals that,
"the page or file that you're looking for is not here."

While, the maintainers of http://www.ummah.net/unity/defend
have put up the following message:

> WE HAVE BEEN FORCED TO REMOVE THIS SITE
>
> The bandwidth providers to our ISP, after receiving many
> complaints from Zionists and their supporters in the UK,
> have threatened to cut off our internet connection if this
> site was not removed. We have therefore removed this
> site in order to keep the rest of ummah.com online.
>
> Most sincere apologies,
>
> The ummah.com team

http://www.hisbollah.com is back up, however, after being down for a
while after getting hacked.