US Electoral College

Tue Nov 14 13:49:05 MST 2000

>>> mstainsby at tao.ca 11/11/00 07:14AM >>>
It's a bourgeois "electoral" system....

next question??

p.s. Comrades should be loving this, for there is absolutely *no*
precedent for this, and they have no constitutional fallback for this.
I'm hoping that this takes as long as possible;

((((((((

CB: Agree with you the longer it goes on the better, but unfortunately there are
constitutional backups. After a certain amount of time it would just go to the House
of Representatives, if Florida can't decide ( which it will anyway).

the more days there is
no winner, the more chances "we" get to explain why this would happen
eventually. Has anyone noticed that all the broadcasters want is an
end? They don't care who wins, just get it over withy and back to
regular "politics". There is a problem: The impeachment. After that,
the "civility" gloves were off. Now, the system no longer takes
precedence over the party (pick one) even in crisis. Now, the American
phenomenon of lawsuits can even go into elections (no "pro" Canadian
bias inteneded).

Macdonald