[L-I] Argentine unions join forces for nationwide strike

Sun Nov 19 09:31:47 MST 2000

En relación a RE: [L-I] Argentine unions join forces for nation,
el 18 Nov 00, a las 19:08, Julio FernándezBaraibar dijo:

> It will be an extraordinary strike. We promise you.
> Actually, the problem is that De la Rua's government can fall down. And we,
> the people, have not something to replace him.

Two lines to sum up the whole situation. I do absolutely agree with Julio.

Yes, we may even see the government fall down, and we have nothing to replace it
with as yet. History has been kind on Argentina for most of the 20th. century, but
we have been paying this tenderness at a very high cost during the last 25 years.

It is really a daunting issue, "what next in Argentina?", or rather, as we say here,
"where will the hare jump?" (imagine a hare hunter in the high grasses of the
Pampas, and you will understand what this means)

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar