A reading list for Anthony

Sat Nov 25 10:32:12 MST 2000

OK, but the question remains: why the hell does Lou [Proyect] think
that all Analytical Marxists and Robert Brenner (by virtue of his
association with Analytical Marxism) exclude the "combined and uneven
development"?  In fact, given Lou's posts on chattel slavery, etc.,
one might say that he -- in contrast to Brenner -- forgets the
"combined and uneven development."

And I asked: "Also, what does it mean in the concrete to reject
"stagism" in the current historical conjuncture?  Say, with regard to
Serbia, China, Argentina, the USA, etc.?  Take your pick, and
illustrate it for us."  One might suspect, with regard to Yugoslavia,
that our opponents may accuse us of "stagism," in that we didn't
think it was a good idea for workers & peasants to revolt against
Milosevic just at this moment in history.

Yoshie