the role of forced labor

Sat Nov 25 16:55:36 MST 2000

En relación a Re: the role of forced labor,
el 25 Nov 00, a las 13:12, snedeker dijo:

You are not grasping the kernel of the issue, most probably because I was not clear.
Even Ancient slavery implied a full grown market, the market for slaves at the very
least. What makes capitalism different from any other mode of production is not that
any goods or services that are ultimately used to produce human producers (that is
what the whole mode of production is about, production of _people_ of a certain kind
and in a certain quantity, and not of "commodities"!) are commodities, but that the
particular ability of human beings becomes a commodity that cannot be sold with the
owner, but must be leased or rented. The consequences of this are essential, and we
cannot understand capitalism if we do not understand it as against all the remaining
host of modes of production, none of which weparates the producer from its means of
autoproduction in the way capitalism needs to.

> > Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
> > gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar