Brenner in context

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sun Nov 26 11:26:26 MST 2000

>The point is, however, that you are picking & choosing the best parts
>from James' works while discarding the parts you find unnecessary for
>today's politics.  Why can you not apply the same method to any other
>thinker's work, including Brenner's?
>
>Yoshie

I am not interested in "thinkers". I am interested in revolutionaries. CLR
James spent an entire lifetime rallying the workers and the black masses on
3 continents. Robert Brenner is a tenured professor whose entire life
revolves around hosting academic conferences and writing for journals that
no worker will ever take note of in his or her life, unless one
accidentally fell on their head at a local library.

Louis Proyect