Ronald Chilcote's New Volume on Imperialism (fwd)

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Mon Nov 27 20:34:13 MST 2000

Ron Chilcote has edited a new volume titled "The Political Economy of
Imperialism: Critical Appraisals" Boston: Kluwer Academic (1999), 260
pp. isbn 0-7923-8470-9.

The table of contents & contributors:

Part I.  Imperialism: Its Legacy and Contemporary
Significance

M.C. Howard and J.E. King, "Whatever happened to
Imperialism?"

Michael Barratt Brown "Imperialism Revisited"

Anthony Brewer, "Imperilaism in Retrospect"

Gregory Nowell "Hobson's Imperialism: Its Histoircal
Validity and Contemporary Relevance"

Part II Imperialism and Development

John Willoughby, "Early Marxist Critiques of Capitalist
Development

J.M. Blaut "Marxism and Eurocentricc Diffusionism"

Ronaldo Munck, "Dependency and Imperialism in Latin
America: New horizons"

Part III: Globalism or Imperialism?

Samir Amin, Capitalism Imperialism, Globalization

Prabhat Patnaik, On the Pitfalls of Bourgeois
Internationalism

James Petras, Globailization: A Critical Analysis

The book has an astoundingly high price tag so I'll
just say: please ask your libraries to order it.  Ron
Chilcote is trying to get a paperback out with a
different publisher (Kluwer is willing).  Your emails
of support should go to him at chilcoter at aol.com.  If
he gets enough such emails he might be able to include
them in packet to help convince a publisher to do the
paperback.
--
Gregory P. Nowell
Associate Professor