Jim Blaut

snedeker snedeker at SPAMconcentric.net
Thu Nov 30 19:27:58 MST 2000

thanks Charles. we do have time limitations with this review. other wise,
I'd get a copy from the publisher for you. perhaps you can write something
in the future.

George
----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us>
To: <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: Jim Blaut

> I'd do it , but I don't have the book. You don't have flexibility with
time, right ?

> CB

> no one jumped at my suggestion to write a review of EIGHT EUROCENTRIC
HISTORIANS. this would be an opportunity to remember Jim's work. it's not a
difficult task for anyone  who has read the book. we do not want a chapter
by chapter summery. begin by mentioning that this was the second volume of
his study of Eurocentrism, then state his position. how does it relate to
the argument about Eurocentrism? I am sure that Yoshie or Xxxx could do it
in a half hour...