A Serb striker speaks out

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at SPAMgmx.net
Wed Oct 4 13:45:49 MDT 2000

Louis Proyect quoted:
> NY Times, October 4, 2000

What are you trying to prove here:

1. Milosevic is a true communist.
2. All the strikers are evil anti-communists.
3. The NY Times is an imperialist source of information, spreading lies
about working class action anywhere in the world.

Actually I doubt we can deal with the situation in Yugoslavia with NYT clips
like this. Even if we assume the quoted anti-communist is representative for
the striking miners, wasnt it Milosevic who gave communism a bad name?

I think the opposition is playing a dangerous game by calling for a general
strike. If Kostunica will be a president by the grace of the working class,
he will have to pay it back some day.

Johannes