Milosevic is fucked....

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Thu Oct 5 12:54:39 MDT 2000

Owen:
> Anyway, now we have established that the driving force of history is
>alcohol. If one were to look at a history of the Russian Revolution, to take
>the most famous uprising of the 20th Century, like "Ten Days That Shook The
>World", you will also find incidents of looting and drunkenness during the
>storming of the Winter Palace in particular. Unfortunately it would be a
>gross simplification to portray the storming as "drunken mob storms Russian
>palace."

Did they accost ambulances and try to pry wounded policemen from them as well?

> By the way, I noticed that in just about every frame of the coverage, there
>was a black flag flying high somewhere. Perhaps some hope. But I believe
>that these are members of Andrej Grubabic's anarchist collective.

That makes sense.

> I have to say, whether one sees this as a revolution or a
>counterrevolution, I have this strong, slightly depressing feeling that,
>somewhere in the centre of Belgrade today, the last piece of the 20th
>Century died.

Assuming it is victorious, it will have the same impact that Yeltsin's
defeat of Gorbachev had in the Soviet Union and based on the same
constellation of political, economic and social forces blowing wind in its
sails.

Louis Proyect
The Marxism mailing-list: http://www.marxmail.org