Barnesites sue Marxist archive

Jose G. Perez jg_perez at SPAMbellsouth.net
Sun Oct 8 17:22:54 MDT 2000

>>It is also hypocritical given the Barnesites much-vaunted adoration of
Cuba.  As I understand it, the Cubans do not maintain copyright and have
always rejected the idea that the speeches of Che, Fidel and stuff in Cuban
publications carries copyright.<<

There was a period in the 60s I think, when Cuba said it would abandon
copyright at least in educational materials, scientific textbooks and so on.
I'm not sure when or how the policy changed, but Cuba now certainly does
have a copyright law and Cuban publications are generally copyrighted. I
believe the Cuban leaders have generally not objected to the publication of
speeches and writings by major leaders of the revolution.

José