Kostunica gives away the store

Sun Oct 8 22:23:01 MDT 2000

>CNN reports that Serbian television is telling the people that they will have
>to "admit" to the (lies) about atrocities at Srebrenica and Kosovo to be
>REALLY AND TRULY accepted into the International Community.  It would appear
>that Kostunica has called for a referndum on independence for Montenegro
>(independence means no Yugoslavia means all the many billions of Yugo
>property and frozen assets is gone and also means no Kosovo since UN
>resilution 1244 was signed between YUGO not Serbia and the Un.  He also
>apparently said he accepted the UN running Kosovo.
>
>In one day and given;' away the store.
>
>Now the debate we had over Chomsky's vioew (which is Kostunica's practice)
>will be had all over Yugoslaiva.  Meanwhile the KLA just got caught buying 5
>million worth of grenades in...Geneva, city of peace.
>
>Kostunica has called for dissolving the Serbian parliament cause it "aint
>democartic" (?)
>
>Jared

Both Chomsky and Kostunica are fools if they think that what the
Serbs have to say about Kosovo, Srebrenica, etc. will change the
West's Balkan policy one way or another.  Well, maybe it's only
Chomsky that's foolish, in that Kostunica may have intended to do the
"velvet divorce" with Kosovo & Montenegro all along, in hopes of
currying favor with the West.  His remark on the parliament, once
again, reminds us of a Yestsin.

Yoshie