Anti-Semitic Zionists

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Sun Oct 15 20:55:51 MDT 2000

>Julio Pino wrote:

> >Chris: I want to pass on a story Ed Koch loves to tell. In 1980 Jimmy
> Carter's advisors told Mayor Koch he better work harder to help re-elect
> Carter, "...otherwise, Jesse Helms will run US foreign policy in the
> Mideast. Do you want to see that happen?"
> Koch replied: "No, YOU don't understand; Jesse Helms hates Jews, but he
> loves Israel."
> Julio Cesar

Welll!!.... Am i misreading here??? Chris' point was about the need to make
a  distinction between *anti-imperalist/ progressive Jews* and *Zionist
Jews* in service of US& Isreali imperialism. I am rereading this to say that
not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews. Is it so generous
to make this distinction, Julio brother?

Is Jesse Helms a Jew? I don't know. If not? what is the point of relevance
to Chris' point?

US foreing policy makers have always been Zionist (pro-Isreali) if not
pro-Jew necessarily.  This is not surprising.

Xxxx

--

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx
PhD Student