[What is their position now? Hamas criticizes Washington's stand on Kosovo tragedy]

Abu Nasr abu-nasr at SPAMusa.net
Thu Oct 19 04:57:31 MDT 2000

Dear Xxxx!

Sorry for this late reply; things have been busy both politically and because
fortunately or unfortunately I have got a job --nothing professional, just
office work,but pays a more money than nothing.  ONly just now obviously with
the news and events it leaves very little time for correspondence -- or
sleep.

Lately Hamas hasn;t bothered to talk much about Yugoslavia.  I don't think it
was noticed much after 28 Sept.  THe Islamic groups generally did support
Bosnia.  On Kosovo, they expressed solidarity with the Kosovars but wrote a
lot to say that the US wasn't really interested in the welfare of the Muslims
there but only in getting into the Balkan region.  Hamas has been more
consistent in its support of CHECHNYA because the Chechen movement is strongly
pro-PAlestine and anti-Zionist.

ON Hizb ALLAH in Lebanon, their feelings are probably similar, but I haven't
seen any thing about this lately.  They all focus on Middle East affairs.

Best!

Abu Nasr

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx <xxxxxxxx at xxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:

Hi Comrade  Abu Nasr!

Do you know the current policy of radical Islamic organizations such as
Hamas and Hizbullah towards NATO agression in Yugoslavia and opposition
to Milosovic regime? At the time when ethnic war broke out, I remember
that they were sending their troops to Bosnia and Kosova to protect
Bosnian Muslims, agitating the Muslim public opinion against *Serbia
massacres* as well as criticizing the US for keeping Milosovic in power.
I also remember that the Islamic party in Turkey--Welfare Party (now
_Virtue_)-- joined the forces of US "humanitarian aid"  by sending money
and human power to Bosnians.

I could not find reliable info on the net about Islamic radical view of
new elections in Yugo. Do you know any?

I think Hamas must be comparing Milosovic regime to what Isreali has
done  to Palestianians. It seems to me that the apologetic aspect of
this view is that Isreali is and has been an imperialist state (ally of
the US),  whereas Yugo never been!

Here is an old info I found.

revolutionary cheers,

Xxxx

--
http://208.206.42.13/ansub/Daily/Day/990403/1999040314.html

ArabicNews.Com

Hamas criticizes Washington's stand on Kosovo tragedy

Palestine, Politics, 4/3/99

The Palestinian Hamas movement criticized yesterday the position of the
United States of America towards the situation in Kosovo, where ethnic
cleansing is taking place.

The movement released a statement that described  Washington's
intervention to settle the crisis as hiding under the slogans of human
rights to impose its power in the Balkans.

The movement's statement also condemned the bloody massacres of Serbia's
forces against the Moslems of Kosovo and demanded from the Arab and
Islamic countries quick moves so the misery of the Palestinian people
could not be repeated once more.

Thus, Hamas movement compared the Serbia massacres to what the Israelis
have done against the Palestinian people.

--

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx
PhD Student

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633