The MIA, the Barnesites and Trotsky

Luko Willms L.WILLMS at SPAMlink-f.frankfurt.org
Tue Oct 24 07:12:47 MDT 2000

     Am  10.10.00
schrieb  plf13 at it.canterbury.ac.nz (Philip Ferguson)
    auf  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  l03130303b607ef19f034@[132.181.32.180]
  ueber  The MIA, the Barnesites and Trotsky

PF> Yet the historical accident that Trotsky found refuge in Mexico and
PF> therefore was closer to the US than any other imperialist,
PF> English-speaking country - and it was only such countries which could
PF> really raise the kinds of funds necessary to produce Trotsky editions
PF> in abundance - has been turned into some kind of 'special
PF> relationship' which gives the organisation bearing the name of the
PF> 'SWP' proprietary rights for all time. Trotsky would be horrified.

  I don't think so, since Trotsky himself was not giving his work away
for free, unless for a political purpose.

  Also please note, that Pathfinder Press does not claim to own the
copyright to Trotsky's writings, but to their own translations. The
copyright to Trotsky's writings is owned by the heir of Marguerite
Bonnet.

/--------- L.WILLMS at LINK-F.frankfurt.org -- Alle Rechte vorbehalten --

"Das Volk, das ein anderes Volk unterjocht, schmiedet seine eigenen
Ketten."                         - Karl Marx           (1. Januar 1870)