forwarded from Anthony

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Fri Oct 27 13:21:24 MDT 2000

------Original Message------
From: Anthony Boynton <northbogota at yahoo.com>
To: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>
Sent: October 27, 2000 4:27:12 PM GMT
Subject: [No Subject]

Hi Lou:

A point of fact, and a point of procedure, in response
to your post below.

I am not already on PEN-L, but will subscribe
immediately.

I am very interested in the Brenner debate on your
list.

Although I am a white male, I am not tenured, and have
no current relation with
Academia - although if someone wants to offer me a
job, I’ll consider it.

I live in Bogota, Colombia - which isn’t really very
third world - but most people in the
USA probably think it is.

Thank you for financing this type of discussion, I
hope you reconsider what I think is an
arbitrary - and really impossible to enforce -
decision.

How will you decide what “...  has some kind of direct
relevance to the class struggle...” ?

I like the fact that under your benevolent
dictatorship discussion thrives on your list - but
I think you can control the discussion better by
persuasion than dictate - at least usually.

Please post this.

Anthony

 In reference to ...

     From: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>
     Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:10:26 -0400

I am calling a halt to this thread here. I have
already asked Yoshie to not
automatically cc this list every time she answers me
or whoever on PEN-L.
There are 300 people on this mailing list and except
for Mine who seems
absolutely filled with loathing for Brenner, there
seems nobody here--who
is not already on PEN-L--interested in the subject.
Last month it cost me
$172 for Marxism list transmissions (I am considering
moving to the Workers
World machine if this keeps on) and I don't need
25,000 bytes per day
crossposted from the Encylopedia Britannica or some
academic website that
nobody reads, let alone comments on. Unlike PEN-L, the
majority of people
on this list are working people--many in 3rd world
countries--so unless the
discussion has some kind of direct relevance to the
class struggle, we
should keep it on PEN-L which is filled with white
American tenured
professors in their 50s who gobble this kind of arcane
nonsense up like it
is going out of style.

Louis Proyect