Fed up?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Fri Oct 27 13:37:22 MDT 2000

------Original Message------
From: "Richard Fidler" <rfidler at cyberus.ca>
To: Marxism list <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Sent: October 27, 2000 1:34:46 PM GMT
Subject: Fed up?

I know I am not the only person on this list who is fed up with Lou's petulant
postings on the "Brenner debate", or Mine's ignorant cheer-leading for same.

===

Nobody is going to do your homework for you. I have a 35 hour job just like you. You
and Anthony and whoever else have to visit your local library, read the important
texts, and make up your own mind. Perhaps you are spoiled by the way things were done
in the Trotskyist movement where party leaders did all the research and gave reports
to the rank-and-file that they could vote yea or nay on. Marxism can not be built that
way. It takes hard work on all levels and a minimum amount of cheerleading. Mine made
up her mind about these issues long before she got on this list. She made up her mind
after originally challenging people like Wallerstein on another list from a standpoint
similar to Brenner's. In the exchange that followed, she came around to another way of
thinking. That's the way it should happen.