How Should Marxists Characterize Chattel Slave Labor? (was Re: Continuing wit

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Sat Oct 28 16:32:57 MDT 2000

Please, give me a break. What have Jim Devine and Mat Forstater got to do with the
discussion here? They are not even on the list. They belong to PEN-L. If people want
to subscribe to PEN-L to learn Jim and Mat's ideas, that is fine. Why do you insist on
cross posting to the list?
Don't you see that this discourages people from fully discussing the problems with
Brenner's thesis.

The last time I read Jim Devine's post, it was like an introduction to Marxist theory,
making points like "society is divided into 2 classes". I don't think that Marxists on
this list need to be instructed on the A, B, C 's  of Marxism. We need discussion
grounded on the concrete
realities of living societies (Spain, for example).

Xxxx

--

Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx
PhD Student