An invitation to Yoshie

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sun Oct 29 09:05:39 MST 2000

Yoshie:
In my opinion, I have offered my reading of Brenner supported by textual evidence from
his own works in question, other Marxists' views, historical research on slavery,
etc., and I have not seen anyone challenge it with counter-evidence to show otherwise.

LP: Well, Jim Blaut has been accumulating counter-evidence for
32 years that was distilled into the article "Robert Brenner
and the Tunnel of Time". You seem to think it is not worth
responding to. I don't blame you. If I was interested in going
to create a synthesis based on a faulty analysis of 15th century
England, the last thing I'd want to do is get bogged down with
replying to Brenner's most authoritative critic.