Italy, Holland, & Britain: Rural Industry & Imperialism

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sun Oct 29 20:32:00 MST 2000

>Now, are the Spanish "revisionist" historians whose works you are
>reading Marxist?  An inquiring mind wants to know.  :)
>
>Yoshie

Hi, Yoshie

The Spanish historians I have been reading are not necessarily Marxist, but
they are distinguished for doing research into primary sources such as tax
and population records never before available to scholars prior to the
publication of the book. Unlike your Geoffrey Parker, I am quite sure they
will never win prizes from the King of Spain nor be asked to be the editor
of the NY Times History of the World. (How does one get that kind of job, I
wonder.)

:)

:-)

:---)