Forwarded from Nestor (list demographics)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Tue Oct 31 14:36:44 MST 2000

Sorry to bother you again, Lou, but I think I can help hammering in some very
basic idea: that in fact the relative weight of us in the Third World is very
great here, as well as in L-I.

If your figures are accurate, the only way to compare between countries is to
take into account the varying degrees of penetration of Internet. If this is
done, then the weight of subscribers from outside the core countries becomes
very meaningful: _ceteris paribus_, these lists are more popular among the
Internet users of the Third World than among those of the core.

So methinks, though do not have the actual figures.

Lic. Néstor M. Gorojovsky
Dirección de Estadísticas del Sector Primario
Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Censos
Argentina

Louis Proyect