the politics of representation

George Snedeker snedeker at concentric.net
Fri Apr 6 18:56:01 MDT 2001

earlier I posted a memo from Nelson Mandela to Thomas Friedman.  Phil Gasper
from the rpa list questions the authenticity of this memo. he remarks: > I
suspect that it is fairly obvious to RPA members that the "Mandela"
> memo forwarded to the list is not really by NM. I gather it was
> written by a US activist "in Mandela's voice" and sent as a letter to
> the NYT--a somewhat dubious undertaking in my view. --PG

is P.G. correct? when I read the memo, I assumed that it was actually from
Mandela. it seemed plausible to me.what do we know about NIT?

George