Forwarded from Nestor

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Sat Apr 7 22:50:17 MDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu>
> Ask questions about elementary features of marxism if you want to -- but
> DO NOT ACT AS THOUGH YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO ANSWERS. You don't, unless
> someone wants for his/her own reasons to answer them. We have no
> obligation to prove anything to you or any other guest on the list.

This kind of attitude can be very damaging to your movement.  Marxist e-mail
lists will naturally attract people who are new to Marxism and interested in
learning about it.  By refusing to deal with newbie questions and refute
common objections you lose a potential source of recruits.  Most Anarchist
listervs I've been on have been very receptive to newbie questions.  Perhaps
that is one reason why Anarchism is growing while Marxism is dying.

Joe R. Golowka
JoeG at ieee.org
Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchistfaq.org

"The end is in the means as the tree is in the seed." - Mahatma Ghandi