Gnutella Network Scaling

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Mon Apr 9 12:08:40 MDT 2001

> Bearshare seemed to work reasonably well for me.  I have been told
> that the best of the Windoze bunch is Limewire.  But it's pure Java
> so you need a fair bit of computer horsepower to run it well.

just downloaded and installed LimeWire, and it seems to be a fine
app.

    http://www.limewire.com/

re/ Java apps: Java is a bear on slow machines with minimal memory,
just impossible. on a dual 800 MHz with 512 Mb of RAM, it actually is
a platform worth programming on. which means, i don't understand how
many people can put up with java in ordinary use.

les schaffer