Ending racist names

George Snedeker snedeker at concentric.net
Fri Apr 13 17:50:17 MDT 2001

I understand from a friend who teaches at St. Johns that many white working
class students resented the name change of the basket ball teem when it took
place. that is not a reason to keep the old racist name. I doubt if St.
Johns students today care much that the name has been changed. getting the
professional teems to change their names will be the real chalange.

George