Labor Activist Turned back at Canadian Border

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 18 12:15:01 MDT 2001

> EVERYONE CALL THE CANADIAN EMBASSY!!!
> Phone: 202-682-1740
>
> You have heard the reports of people being turned back at the border, we
> need to call the embassy and express our outrage and demand that they let
> ALL ACTIVISTS THROUGH!

I called the above number and apparently I was the first person to get
through. They referrred me to an 800 number dealing with Canada-wide
immigration issues, which I then called. After reaching that number, I was
then referred to the Montreal office at 514-496-1010. My suggestion is that
you call the Montreal number first.

Louis Proyect