gnutella gnext

nigel_irritable mmcdon at iol.ie
Thu Apr 19 11:16:25 MDT 2001

> From: Jose G. Perez <jgperez at netzero.net>

[snip interesting article]

> A small but growing number of Dj's at raves and such are "spinning"
> their tracks from MP3 files.

I very much doubt it. At least I've never encountered a dj who does so, or
one who would even consider doing so. In fact, I think that suggesting that
any significant number of djs would swap their precious vinyl for MP3 files
implies that you don't really understand their outlook.

On the technical side, vinyl discs are necessary for most of the tricks of
the trade - mixing and scratching most notably. Not to mention the issue of
sound quality.

Even more importantly, you have to understand the reasons why people become
djs and the sub-cultural ticks found in their milieu. Vinyl fetishism is
integral.

Is mise le meas,
Brian Cahill