Engels on GATT

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Apr 21 08:09:18 MDT 2001

Brian James:
>I don't see how posting a quote from Engels on a relevant topic, without
>any commentary from me, makes me a dogmatic pro-NAFTA Marxist! The
>heading "Engels on GATT" was meant solely as a humorous rejoinder to
>"Marx on the FTAA," which essentially makes the same points but which
>received no hostility from Proyect. Once again Louis Proyect is showing
>off his amazing powers of extra sensory perception, and his penchant for
condescension.

Brian, I couldn't be happier to be corrected on this matter. I suppose I
had drawn the wrong conclusion from your endorsement of the virulently
sectarian attack on Green "anti-globalization" protests on the www.wsws.org
website. In any case, neither Engels or Marx's articles on free trade are
very useful for activists today, Jack Smith's crossposting notwithstanding.
We are living in 2001, not 1848.

Louis Proyect