marxism-digest V1 #3366

Sun Apr 1 10:21:30 MDT 2001

[ bounced from unsubbed [slbst80+ at pitt.edu ]

Vanessa wrote:
> And whether Marx had temporal lobe epilepsy or not is very important,
> because if he did, that could show that he really WAS extremely
> intelligent. If he didn't, he's just one more guy! (that's a personal
> opinion, though)
>
> Vanessa

Talk about a BAD argument!  I don't think there is any question that Marx
was extremely intelligent.  Whether he had  epilepsy or not has no bearing
on his intelligence.  I'm sure there have been many intelligent people with
epilepsy, and  also without it.  If you can provide a source from
legitimate medical research that demonstrates any kind of connection, then
please do, if you can not, drop it.
Sheldon (digest subscriber)