Forwarded from Nestor

jenyan1 jenyan1 at SPAMuic.edu
Sat Apr 7 15:16:54 MDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Vanessa DD wrote:

> And nobody has yet told me why they think Marxist ideas from the 19th
> century are applicable today, which is what I've been subtly asking for a
> while. I just didn't think I needed to state it SO OBVIOUSLY.

I suggest you are not asking the right question. The notion that a body of
thought or intellectual tradition can or should be trashed for the
"reason" that it's been around for more than a century seems questionable
at best. However, this never stopped bourgeois polemicists from making
precisely that argument.

jenyang