To Vanessa was RE: Forwarded from Nestor

Sat Apr 7 17:00:59 MDT 2001

At 04:27  7/04/01 -0500, you wrote:

>On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Vanessa DD wrote:
>

> > And nobody has yet told me why they think Marxist ideas from the 19th
> > century are applicable today, which is what I've been subtly asking for a
> > while. I just didn't think I needed to state it SO OBVIOUSLY.

Vanessa,

I have refrained from joining in this because I am firmly in the let a
thousand flowers bloom camp.  But do you have any idea of how boring it is
for us to be subjected to this kind of smart-ass 'why haven't you explained
the world to me?' rhetoric?  We all or most of us work for a living.  On
this list are some of the most brilliant men and women I have read. We are
the objects of abuse everyday in our working lives.

The American comrades especially are very brave to be even on this list.
For example this morning's post from Andy on the Zapatistas was very
important and made good reading. It was also in the best traditions of
Marxist writing IMHO. You simply cannot get this kind of information in
Australia from the mainstream media.

Carroll is quite correct in what he has posted to you.  For what it is
worth I will throw in my piece as well. Vanessa you strike me as being full
of your own uniqueness.  The sad reality is that you and your ilk have been
mass produced by the system.

If you really want to change the world then you will stick around and
learn.  If your trajectory is to the left then we will be
comrades.  However if you are looking for an excuse to move to the right
then please do so quickly and let us get on with our work.

regards

Gary