the politics of representation

Adam Hanieh ahanieh at SPAMp-ol.com
Sun Apr 8 06:23:21 MDT 2001

yes, this letter is not genuine. It's been circulating for a week or so on
Palestinian mailing lists and was written by a Palestinian activist in
holland.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-marxism at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-marxism at lists.panix.com]On
Behalf Of George Snedeker
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2001 2:56 AM
To: marxism at lists.panix.com
Subject: the politics of representation

earlier I posted a memo from Nelson Mandela to Thomas Friedman.  Phil Gasper
from the rpa list questions the authenticity of this memo. he remarks: > I
suspect that it is fairly obvious to RPA members that the "Mandela"
> memo forwarded to the list is not really by NM. I gather it was
> written by a US activist "in Mandela's voice" and sent as a letter to
> the NYT--a somewhat dubious undertaking in my view. --PG

is P.G. correct? when I read the memo, I assumed that it was actually from
Mandela. it seemed plausible to me.what do we know about NIT?

George