Moyers' investigation into chemical industrypollutionmurders

Jose G. Perez jgperez at SPAMnetzero.net
Sun Apr 8 10:03:42 MDT 2001

>>And - just to PROVE it the general standard of living, the expectation of
life and general longevity have all increased by leaps and bounds since WWII
THROUGHOUT the world (with the possible exception, since 1988 - of the
former Soviet Union !!).<<

I haven't had time to go back and recheck the statistics, but I think if you
do you will find that "the world" you speak of here has two components,
mainly:

a) The developed capitalist countries, which represent a tiny percentage of
humanity and
b) Places that have abolished capitalism, like China, Cuba and so on.

Living standards, life expectancy and longevity is certainly not increasing
throughout sub-saharan Africa. And I think you will find that relative to
the immediate post-WWII period, living standards, export earnings, GDP, etc.
etc. etc., throughout Latin America have declined relative to the United
States and in some cases in absolute terms.

José