Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Sun Apr 8 13:17:12 MDT 2001

Sorry for the delay, comrades. I was up in the mountains visiting my mother
and just returned to NYC. I have unsubbed Vanessa and urge us to move
forward. On an ancillary note, this list is not like PEN-L or LBO-Talk. The
uproar over the past few days drove home to me the reason why this list
exists. It is not for considering whether Marxism has merit or whether
something else more "neo" or "left" needs to replace it. It is for those of
us who still consider ourselves in the tradition of Marx, Engels, Lenin,
Luxemburg, Trotsky, Mao, Gramsci, Mariategui et al. And just to make myself
absolutely clear, we are not about to waste bandwidth arguing the merits of
anarchism versus Marxism. Doug Henwood's list is chock-full of anarchists,
from Chuck Zero to Gordon Fitch. Yoshie is there to remind them of the
superiority of Marxism. Join her over there if that is your cup of tea. On
this list we will not waste time going over those questions, although I do
intend to devote major time and energy to analyzing anarchism in the months
to come.

Louis Proyect