Spy plane crisis fans anti-Asian bias

Craven, Jim jcraven at SPAMclark.edu
Mon Apr 16 09:24:16 MDT 2001

Response: Not only is this fanning anti-Chinese racism, it is fanning more
lies about what took place. The U.S. position is that the Chinese fighter
came from underneath the U.S. aircraft and hit the prop on the number one
engine and then took off the nose cone. This is total bullshit. I have been
a pilot for almost 40 years (first soloed March 31, 1962) and hold
commercial/instrument and instructor ratings; also I was involved in a prop
contact accident and still have the prop.

If that fighter had hit the prop on the number one engine with its tail--as
alleged by the U.S., it would have taken out completely more than one blade
and would have ripped the engine right off the mounts. Further, if the
fighter had come up from underneath, taking out the nose cone from
underneath, there would have been extensive damage to the nose gear and nose
gear area; there was none. I examined the photos carefully and that accident
is consistent with only one scenario: the Chinese fighter being hit from
behind by the U.S. aircraft and debris spewing backwards through the
spinning props causing some damage to one or two of the prop blades on the
edges of the blades--but not enough to shear the blades.

Further, the stall speed on the fighter is much higher than on the U.S.
aircraft and therefore coming from underneath would have involved extreme
slow speeds by the fighter--and stalling out by the fighter.

The U.S. scenario is total bullshit.

Jim C