The US SWP from Sheppard and Miah, thru to Seigle and Jenness

Jose G. Perez jgperez at SPAMnetzero.net
Thu Apr 19 18:19:01 MDT 2001

Mike,

You may also want to look at this post, "Ghosts of the SWP Past" and, if the
archive software allows it, follow the thread.

http://www.mail-archive.com/marxism@lists.panix.com/msg05558.html

I highly recommend Louis's articles also.

Best regards,

José

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Calvert" <mike.calvert at unisonfree.net>
To: <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 12:59 PM
Subject: The US SWP from Sheppard and Miah, thru to Seigle and Jenness

Dear all,

I am new to this e-group but have always tried to follow what happened to
the SWP quite closely. I gather that this is a preoccupation of this
particular group. Living in the UK it is quite difficult to get first hand
information. I have always thought of the SWP as Trotsky's party, until the
decline began in the  1970's.

Also if anyone has written anything on this subject I would be interested
to see it.

I was aware that after SA was formed in 1983, there were various splits and
that in 1989 Barry and Malik joined SA.
I heard that Larry Seigle was being touted to join, but does anyone know if
this ever came about?
Also, what is the latest on Doug Jenness?

Cheers,

Mike