Engels on GATT

Brian James hillbily at SPAMintergate.ca
Sat Apr 21 13:59:19 MDT 2001

> I suppose I
> had drawn the wrong conclusion from your endorsement of the virulently
> sectarian attack on Green "anti-globalization" protests on the www.wsws.org
> website.

I like the ultraleftist analysis, and the "virulently sectarian"
position of the WSWS, because these provide an important and necessary
benchmark. There is no doubt that NAFTA and the FTAA suck, but there are
many issues associated with them and the ultraleftist analysis provides
an important framework for sorting them out. That is the role of Marxism
in my view. Otherwise we may as well be Greens or bourgeois nationalists.

Brian