FTAA and "democracy"

Brian James hillbily at SPAMintergate.ca
Sun Apr 22 17:34:07 MDT 2001

Worries About Haiti, Colombia

The leaders also expressed concern about the fragile state of democracy
in Haiti and said the Organization of American States would send a
fact-finding team to Port-au-Prince. They stated their support for
Colombia's plans to fight powerful drugs lords and slash the production
of coca plants.

``There is no question in my mind that we have challenges ahead of us
and no question we can meet those challenges,'' Bush told the news conference.

He said the United States was committed to supporting Colombia in its
war on drugs but it was up to President Andres Pastrana to make peace
with rebels who are financed by the narcotics trade.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010422/ts/americas_leadall_dc_19.html