Norm Dixon's cavalier attitude

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Wed Apr 25 08:22:13 MDT 2001

At 10:21 AM 4/25/01 -0400, you wrote:
>[ here is the post again, in readable format. Time required to clean
>it up: 45.623 seconds. Bytes wasted sending twice: 6877. Keystrokes
>required for cleansing action: 3 or 4. Level of brain capacity
>required for task: 2 out of 10. Les ]
>
>The following article appeared in the latest issue of Green Left
>Weekly (http://www.greenleft.org.au), Australia's radical newspaper.
>
>See http://www.greenleft.org.au/back/2001/445/445p26.htm

I just sent this to Norm Dixon offlist, aka "Green Left Paramatta":

Norm, I have told you repeatedly not to post "staircase" text to the list.
Frankly, I don't care if you post this way all over the Internet. It just
reflects your lack of engagement with the forums you are posting to.
However, I have as much committment to the Marxism mailing list as you do
to the DSP. If an issue of Green Left Weekly was filled with unreadable
crap like this, the editor would probably be brought up on charges. This is
a warning. The next time you don't clean up an article beforehand you will
lose your posting privileges for a month. Contact Les Schaffer
(schaffer at optonline.net) if you need instructions on how to use your computer.

===

I want to add a few words because I am really pissed. I have only told Norm
about this problem at least 10 times in the past, and most recently a
couple of days ago. Here is the problem. Norm has zero interest in
interacting with the Marxism list or any of the other "red-brown" mailing
lists that he posts to. Basically he considers us a bunch of Milosevic
apologists who are beyond the pale. His hope is that some pure soul who has
wandered into this mailing list will "see the light" after following one of
his Green Left Weekly links.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if Norm Dixon wants to use this mailing
list as a dumping ground for his crosspostings. ALL I ASK IS THAT THEY
FOLLOW THE ELEMENTARY RULES OF READABILITY. IF IT HIS GOD-DAMNED ASSIGNMENT
TO ENLIGHTEN THE UNTUTORED MOB, THEN AT LEAST TAKE THE GOD-DAMNED TROUBLE
TO FORMAT THE CRAP BEFOREHAND.

Louis Proyect