indymedia gag order during FTAA protests

Sat Apr 28 14:12:25 MDT 2001

there is an article at http://slashdot.org on a gag order placed on
indymedia during the protests of FTAA ...

here are some links:

http://seattle.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=3013

http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=36912&group=webcast

here is one of the comments on slashdot:

Re:You have it wrong. (Score:5, Informative)
by sunbird (sunbird at riseup.net) on Saturday April 28, @01:56PM EST (#103)
(User #96442 Info) http://seattle.indymedia.org

I am one of a team of people coordinating the legal response to
this. The Seattle IMC has not turned over any logs and plans to fight
in court for our right not to turn over even 1 log entry. And while we
haven't found any posts with the President's travel info, we did find
two posts with classified info, see here and here. These were the
posts the agents were referring to. Their reference to the president's
travel information was just plain wrong -- we have looked carefully on
all IMC sites and have failed to find any such post. The agents were
either lying (likely) or very stupid (also a possibility).

real audio announcement:

http://clients.loudeye.com/imc/seattle/imc_press_conf.ram

les schaffer