on predictions

Sun Apr 29 13:57:47 MDT 2001

[ from Nestor ]

En relación a on predictions, el 29 Apr 01, a las 10:04, George
Snedeker dijo:

> Wallerstein suggests that capitalism is running out of cheap labor
> and that this will lead to a crisis in the system over the next 50
> years. I guess he forgot about most of Africa and half of Asia

And of course all of Latin America but for Cuba. Please don't
understand this as an ill-willed criticism of George Snedeker, but it
is funny (or rather, it would be funny if it weren't deadly serious)
to see how Hegel's positions (Latin America is just geography, it is
not history) are still lingering among some of the best heads today.

Sigh.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar