The Young Hicksian, Marxist Playwright, Speaks Again

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Dec 2 17:19:50 MST 2001

On Sun, 02 Dec 2001 12:33:08 -0500, Sander Hicks wrote:
>This inspires me to suggest we take this to a
>whole new level. On December 5th, a few of the
>the NYC members of this list will gather at the
>good old Parkside Lounge on E. Houston (just
>east of Ave B) in NYC, have a few drinks, talk,
>and then go around the corner to the theatre and
>see the show. Please come, hang out and go with
>us. Meet at the bar. Wear a hat. It's not just
>about email on Dec. 5th. It's about action.
>...and drinking. And action.

As an added incentive, drinks will be on me. As I used to say at Bard
College back in the early 1960s, "Wine for my friends and water for
their horses."

I am looking forward to meeting any comrades based in NYC in real
space. I can't think of a more auspicious occasion. Sander and his
friends at Softskull Press are on the cutting edge of things
political and cultural. Visit their website at www.softskull.com to
see what they are up to.

--

Marxism list: http://www.marxmail.org