Please explain"Friendly Fire"

Wed Dec 5 09:36:42 MST 2001

     Please explain"Friendly Fire"

Tom Joyner Morning Show
  General Discussion

Brother Knowledge X

All "fire" is unfriendly by definition,but I'm sure the media will make it seem like it was worth it though.What good will a post-humous Purple Heart do them now? Sad.
WASHINGTON (AP) ― Two American soldiers were killed and 20 wounded in Afghanistan on Wednesday when a B-52 bomber missed its target. The friendly fire incident marked the worst U.S. casualties of the war to date. An unknown number of opposition fighters also died in the incident north of the last Taliban stronghold of Kandahar, said Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Dave Lapan. That is where opposition forces are trying to overthrow the besieged former rulers of the country.

To me its embarrassing, any time we hit our own people I guess the Talibans are over there laughing their azzes off at us, probably saying look at those morons if we leave them out there long enough they will eventually blow themselves away.WTF!!!!!HOW DO YOU HIT YOUR OWN DAMN PEOPLE. DIDNT SOMEONE TELL THEM WHERE THEY WERE AT.THIS IS THE WORSE CASE OF MISCOMMUNICATION I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!THEY SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE AIR.
IP: Logged

Ceejay

Friendly fire..is when you get killed or wounded by your own ammo!
Or when there is an accident(like an M16a2 bullet hitting one of us).

------------------

-Bruce Hornsby

mz teddy b

...it's an oxymoron...
...the u.s. is so heavily invested in warfare technology, you'd think we'd have more precise IFF (identify friend or foe) capability.....

Brother Knowledge X

69 you might be on to something....
"I guess the Talibans are over there laughing their azzes off at us, probably saying look at those morons if we leave them out there long enough they will eventually blow themselves away"

George G

Some of you are missing the concept and realities of war.

Brother Knowledge X
Oh, I understand the concept of war.The concept of revenge,the concept of death,the concept of human life,and the concept of a sacrifice,the concept of spin control,and the concept of man.

dark sun
Yea, the Taliban is laughing..... the small amount that have not been killed or have defected - it's a riot!
------------------
The cyber version of a dog who will bring you a bone will carry a bone is: A person who will forward you an e-mail WILL forward yours in time!

George G

I wasn't referring to you, but if that's the case then I guess your question was rhetorical.

Brother Knowledge X

I your Brother shot a bullet into your house who would you be mad at?

Paul in Delaware

Well sitting here at my desk, behind my computer and waiting to go out to lunch I can't understand friendly fire but then there are people who are unemployed and starving who can't understand being at work and playing on a message board.
Imagine... Myself miles up in the sky and they want me to drop a bomb onto a speck of dirt and miss the other speck of dirt right next to it with friendly troops while the plane is going hundres of miles an hour  I don't need that type of pressure

Brother Knowledge X

Just means someone - in this case U.S. - f'ed up! (Ex-military so understand concept of war - realities NO. Father, brothers/cousins/SO former/ex military - Persian Gulf, Desert Storm, Vietnam and this was there explanation also - in nutshell)