Forwarded from Matt Noyes

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Dec 6 07:22:04 MST 2001

Friends, please post and circulate. Thanks, Matt Noyes
(for a list of site updates see:
http://uniondemocracy.org/Home/nu.htm, sorry if you received this
more than once -- e-mail glitch)

December 3, 2001
--------------------------------------

New articles online:

"The Vindication of Ron Carey," exclusive for AUD by labor writer Ken
Crowe, and "Carpenters reformers win in New England" by Carl Biers.
See http://uniondemocracy.org/UDR/UDRhome.htm

Links to two articles on women Firefighters: "Looking for a Fire
Department that looks like New York," by AUD's Jane Latour; and
"Women firefighters struggle for first rung," by Seth Stern.
See http://uniondemocracy.org/Women's/wphome.htm

New Page:

Set up an AUD workshop or event in your area. Information on the
workshops we offer and how to make use of our resources. Find a list
of sample topics, endorsements, and a guide to organizing an event.
Help us spread the word about AUD's great education work! See
http://uniondemocracy.org/Education/setupworkshop.htm

New Links:

Three new Teamster links --
The Conscience of 294: "a group of UPS-Teamsters from Local 294 who
have come together under the banner of change;"
TeamsterNet. "An independent rank and file web site developed for the
use of Teamster Members and Officials along with those from other
Unions and people interested in the Union process;"
Watch Dog for Local 118. A site for members of this IBT local in
upstate New York;

Two links for members of CSEA (California)--
Caucus for a Democratic Union (CDU). "Reforming the California State
Employees Association (CSEA), SEIU Local 1000";
CSEA4US: "Many Voices, One Union."

See http://uniondemocracy.org/Resources/AUDLinks.htm

Association for Union Democracy
500 State Street Brooklyn NY 11217
718-855-6650
mailto:aud at igc.org
http://www.uniondemocracy.org

"Union Democracy--For a Strong Labor Movement"

Louis Proyect