Leo Panitch on 9/11

sherrynstan at igc.org sherrynstan at igc.org
Sat Dec 8 13:58:14 MST 2001

<<Rights
like the franchise are contingent, provisional, and finally have no meaning
for the proletariat except as *the instruments of social emancipation of
the exploited masses*.>>

And I began my post that drew such fire with "as a tactical matter," which point to precisely the tendency I have observed regarding attentiveness for blasphemy, and inattentiveness to what's being said.

<<But if rational arguments were enough we'd already be living in a utopia of
social justice and fair play. But they aren't enough, so more is needed if
you want to win.>>

This is a non-sequiter, Mark.  What is served by invective among marxists?  How does it serve us?

Stan