When Opposing Imperialism, Avoid Conspiracyism

Gorojovsky Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
Sat Dec 8 13:46:11 MST 2001

En relación a Re: When Opposing Imperialism, Avoid Conspiracyis,
el 7 Dec 01, a las 7:54, Derrick O'Keefe dijo:

> You're a strong supporter of the Serb nationality
> because they're the only one in the region whose "future is linked" to a
> reunited, expanded Balkans.  I would think a reunited Yugoslavia is going to
> involve more than one nationality, and is going to require revolutionary
> upsurges in the region rather than the heroism of some leading nationality.

You're dodging the issue. Of course a Balkan Federation implies more than a
single nationality (if this were not so, then there would be no need for such a
federal arrangement). Of course it will require revolutionary upsurges. Of
course it will be an issue of voluntary reunification.

But at the same time it is also true that while Slovenians and Croatians, left
to their own small nationalisms, are disruptive of any federation and tend to
orbit around Germany or Austria, and while Albanians always rely on some
external support against their "encroaching" neighbours, and Islamic Slavs were
_created into_ a nationality by CIA (there was no more Islamic Slav nationality
in Yugoslavia prior to the late 1980s than there is an American Presbyterian
nationality today), while all this happened the Serbs required, for their own
interests, to unify Yugoslavia. That is, they were the _objective_ torchbearers
of revolutionary unification against foreign intervention. It is not a matter
of heroism, it is a matter of common sense. As our General San Martín said
once, "one is what one has to be, or one is nothing at all".

By speaking about all those pure and nice principles, you are rubbing away the
hard fact that the whole struggle of the Serbs was for keeping Yugoslavia
united.

The only other nationality in the Balkans that should work together with the
Serbs in this sense are the Bulgarians, and it is not a matter of chance that
both Bulgarians and Serbs have been targeted by imperialism. While the first
ones were turned into a hypo-colonial status (Sun Yat Sen), the latter have
been gifted with 80 days of merciless bombing, massively displaced, and accused
of the crimes of which they were the victims before an election held under the
"protection" of the American fleet carried Serbian Quislings to power.

So that, no matter how many things you say, the fact still remains that it was
basically the Serbs who defended the unity of Yugoslavia. This is something
that should make you ponder on your swift conclusions.

Mr. Chauvin was a highly patriotic, militaristic, Frenchman.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar