double standard: Re: Leo Panitch on 9/11

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Dec 9 09:07:31 MST 2001

On Sun, 09 Dec 2001 10:26:14 -0600, Travis Fast wrote:
>Different protocols for different people.  When
>Lou tells me the word shit  or fuck is over the
>top then i will make the necessary adjustments.
>Henry  is dogmatic...so I will not retreat from
>that.

For Travis's sake and any other newcomers who are concerned about
moderation rules, let me make something crystal clear. I do not
police language here. Within reason, people are free to say whatever
they want and to insult whoever they want. I will only intervene to
state that a topic has been thrashed out sufficiently and it is time
to move on. As a rule of thumb, harsh language is generally the
reflection of people's inability to change each other's mind. When
logic fails, insults set in. I occasionally make exceptions. For
example, I booted Jim Drysdale from the list about a month ago
because he wrote some super-aggressive and foul-mouthed posts in
response to a NY Times book review of Walter Moseley's latest
collection of short stories. That struck me as so bizarre that I
removed him from the list. I don't mind four-letter words. I do mind
erratic behavior. That being said, I just wrote Jim that he might be
able to resub if he cleans up his act. Most especially, that means no
more doggerel.

--

Marxism list: http://www.marxmail.org