Upping the Stakes in Israel

ermadog at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca ermadog at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Sun Dec 9 14:23:58 MST 2001

On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Gary MacLennan wrote:

> I am still convinced that what we are watching is a defeat for the Arab
right. <

Several weeks ago, there was a documentary on pbs detailing the
connections between Saudi oil money and the madrassah. According to this
programme, these schools serve a dual function as institutions of both
ecudcation and disbursement of charitable funds. Given the vast extent of
the charity, it appears these schools act as an Islamic version of the
welfare state and are intended to contain societal discontent.

There is extensive documentation at the website in the "Frontline" section
under the heading "Saudi - Time Bomb"?

Joan Cameron