Forwarded from Anthony (Madonna and George W.)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Dec 10 09:55:41 MST 2001

Probably not too many Marxists are Madonna fans, but pop music is hard to
avoid. The other night I had this weird dream. Imagine this, George bush
dressed in drag - a tight short red skirt and a blonde Marilyn Monroe wig,
dancing at the head of a chorus line and belting out the song below, to the
tune of Madonna's 'Material Girl'.

(Apologies to Madonna, the original 'Material Girl' and to Peter Brown and
Robert Rans)

Imperial World

Some bombs miss 'em, some bombs hit em
I think that's O.K.
If they don't give me proper credit
I just bomb away

They can beg and they can plead
But they can't see the light, that's right
'Cause the guy with the cold hard cash
Is always Mister Right, 'cause we are

(Chorus)

Living in an imperial world
And I am an imperial lord
You know that we are living in an imperial world
And I am an imperial lord.

Some I bomb, some get chances
That's all right I say
If I can raise the interest then I
Have to let them pay

Some I buy, but when they try
I don't let them play
Only those who follow orders
Make my rainy day, 'cause they are

(chorus)

Living in an imperial world [imperial]
Living in an imperial world
(repeat)

Bombs may come, and bombs may go
And that's all right you see
Experience has made me rich
And now they're after me, 'cause everybody's

(chorus)

An imperial, an imperial, an imperial, an imperial
world

Living in an imperial world [imperial]
Living in an imperial world
(repeat and fade)